Good Books Lift You!

Good Books Lift You!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Review: I am a home to butterflies

I am a home to butterflies I am a home to butterflies by J. Alchem
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a short, cute book, and also different. In fact, its unusual format is what you should read it for.

A large section of the book is a series of short musings (some very short like quotes and some longer poetry) of Ayaan who misses his love Swathi. He is unable to forget her, worries how she is as she was in an earlier abusive relationship, and seems to have gotten back with her ex. He agonizes over why this break happened and hopes he can bridge the divide. But how – he is hesitant as Swathi has been categorical in moving away.

The later sections has a series of letters Ayaan writes to Swathi. There is no reply for most of the letters, and then finally…..It is at the end that you understand more of what transpired till then….
Well worth a read – short and sweet it is!

My rating: 3.5 / 5.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment