Good Books Lift You!

Good Books Lift You!

Monday, December 24, 2018

Review: 2018 on Goodreads

2018 on Goodreads 2018 on Goodreads by Various
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had consciously lowered by bar (yearly target) for reading in the hope that I would also write more (blogs) and pick up a new hobby. However, that did not happen, and a good reading year (54 books read till 24 Dec '18 as against a plan of 24) I feel has come at a price of a balance with other activities.

Nevertheless, a very satisfying year for reading! Read some great books - both fiction & non-fiction, and also found some new good authors I should read more.

The stand-out books of the year for me were:

Fiction:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Silent Sister by Shalini Boland
Beneath an Indian Sky by Renita D'Silva
The Rule Breakers by Preeti Shenoy
Karna's Wife by Kavita Kane

Non-Fiction:
Behave by Robert Sapolsky
Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Life After MH370: Journeying Through a Void by K.S. Narendran
Adi Shankaracharya by Pavan K. Varma
Mahatma Gandhi by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
The Molecule of More by Daniel Z. Lieberman, Michael E. Long

If I had to pick one stand-out book, it would be Behave by Robert Sapolsky for it's meticulous research and tremendous new insights on human behaviour.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment