Good Books Lift You!

Good Books Lift You!

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Review: The Boy

The Boy The Boy by Nrupal Das
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a short story, and I really liked the simplicity of the story. A boy has not returned home till quite late and his mother is worried. She enquires with his friends and with their not knowing his whereabouts, she gets to be frantic. She calls her husband home and very soon the entire neighbourhood is on the lookout.

This is as far as I can go without adding spoilers.

What happened to the boy? Does he return?

As I said the honesty and simplicity of the story is very attractive. The passages towards the end are nice to read as well and add depth to the story. And yet, though the story had potential, it could have gone further and added more substance to make it a read you can remember for more attributes than it's simplicity.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment